This was supposed to be our year. That’s how I’m sure most people, myself included, felt about what 2020 was going to bring. But boy has that taken a turn! As of today, I’m sure we’re all well aware of the severity of Covid-19 and how it has impacted all of us: physically, emotionally, and financially.
My heart goes out to everyone fighting and working hard, and although I’ve also been affected by this pandemic in two of the three ways above, I’m thankful for my health and the health of my loved ones. I pray that as you’re reading this, you and your loved ones are healthy as well.
I want to outline here what steps I’m taking to ensure the safety and an amazing experience for all my couples.
The first message I want to send to all the couples who’ve trusted me enough to hire me to photograph their wedding, elopement, or engagement session. I have your back. I want to help ease your minds going forward and have one less thing to worry about.
My Promises to You and How I, As Your Wedding Photographer, Can Help During Covid-19
- Safety First – I am taking all the necessary precautions to ensure that I do not get sick. I am following all the social distancing guidelines. Paying close attention to the official news from the White House, CDC and WHO. Washing my hands regularly and sanitizing anything from outside my house. If in someway I get sick after the stay-home orders are lifted, I will find a replacement who’s equally skilled and experienced in the way I would (will) photograph your event. I will personally edit every single photo so your photos will have almost, if not exact, the kind of vibes/mood/colors you were seeking for when you booked me.
- If you need to Postpone & Reschedule your event, I will:
- Not charge a rebooking fee
Allow you to change to any new dates within 2020 and 2021. Some vendors in the industry won’t let you book a weekend date due to loss of business from other couples, hence, loss of income. I am not one of those vendors. Will my business be impacted? Yes. Will I loose income due to reschedules? Yes. Am I a little nervous about my small business and what the future holds? Yes. But, will I be alright and get thru this? Yes! I am here for you, everyone is losing in this pandemic and I will try my best to accommodate for your needs
In event of a cancellation, please refer to our contract to view terms and conditions. Unfortunately, those non-refundable retainer fees won’t be refunded. Therefore, this is why I really want to work with you on finding a new date that would work for all of us even if the future is unforeseeable, I am 100% down on using what you already paid as credits for a future session together.
What I Need From You
Success in not one directional. We are in this together. Here are somethings I need from you:
- With rescheduling, flexibility is key. Before confirming a date with your venue, please let me know as soon as possible as well as a list of 3 – 4 potential dates so we can work together to find a new date. All I am asking is, please give me some options since other couples are on the same boat as you and they are trying to reschedule as well, on top of the couples that I already have booked for the fall/winter and 2021.
- Please keep in touch and communicate with me as much as possible. Not only would I love to hear from you and know that you guys are safe and healthy, I would also love to be in the loop of any possible changes to your wedding plans. I’ll offer my insights, feedback, advices, opinions, resources and whatever else you guys need help with.
We Will Get Thru This
I know we will beat this and life will be normal again, even if that normal looks a little different. The best thing we can do right now is practice compassion over fear, stay inside as much as possible, wash our hands and stay healthy.
Love is not cancelled. Humanity is not cancelled. This is just another obstacle to show how strong we can be when we work together.
I cannot wait to document your love and wedding story. You have my promise that I will do what’s best for you. So please keep in touch and keep me updated with what’s going on.
I love you all. Stay Healthy and Sane ✨